Patchogue’s annual Christmas Holiday Boat Parade pushes off tonight on Patchogue River.
Here’s a few things to know before heading down:
• The boats, close to 30 in all hailing from across the South Shore, start making their way up Patchogue River at 6 p.m.
• Families will typically begin arriving to the parks after 4 p.m.
• There’s live music at all the public viewing locations and the restaurants.
• It takes about an hour for the boats to sail up and down the river.
• There’s no voting. The people’s choice ballots were cast Saturday night at an Off Key Tikki preview event. The judges will declare Sunday’s winners.
• This year’s theme is A Very Disney Christmas. The theme is optional.
• This is the 22nd annual boat parade in Patchogue.
• Depending on the weather, it’s estimated up to 5,000 people make their way to the riverfront.
• This is a rain-or-shine event.
Visit our calendar often for more great events.
Photo from Saturday night’s preview event at Off Key Tikki. (Michael White)