The Midnight on Main St. New Year’s Eve festivities in Patchogue Village will kick off at 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 31. Here’s what you need to know.
• The New Year’s Eve countdown and ball drop happens at 9 p.m. (Not midnight!)
• A stretch of East Main Street, from West Main Street at Ocean Avenue to Maple Avenue, will be closed at 7 p.m.
• The party, complete with a DJ for street dancing, starts at 8 p.m.
• Parking is free throughout the village until Monday, Jan. 4
• People will be gathering at the Capital One Plaza (116 East Main Street) for the party illuminated ball countdown
• Vendors like Flo’s Luncheonette food truck will be on hand.
• The ball itself is described as a 4-foot lucite geodesic sphere, decked with gleaming LED lights. It will rise (not drop) into 2016 above Patchogue’s Capital One Plaza.
• There will be a Grucci grand illuminations display with an expanded pyrotechnics program at the time of the countdown, staged atop the Capital One Bank building and across the street at the Ackerly Building that houses Del Fiore Pizza.
• Patchogue Congregational Church, located across the street from Capital One Plaza will be collecting non-perishable food items throughout the event.
• Use the hashtag #midnightonmainst (and, if you’d like, #greaterpatchogue).
For more information call the Greater Patchogue Chamber of Commerce at 207-1000.
Check out our calendar to plan your night after 9 p.m.!