The below information is intended for Donald Trump supporters and protesters looking to attend rallies or other events in Patchogue Village with the presidential candidate in town Thursday.
The Republican frontrunner for the presidential nomination is expected to speak at a Suffolk County Republican Committe fundraiser at The Emporium, located at 9 Railroad Avenue, from 5 to 6 p.m.
(GreaterPatchogue.com will be reporting live from the village starting at 3 p.m.)
click here for a complete list of road closures
click here for school district information
• Police said ticket-holders for the Republican fundraiser with Donald Trump will be allowed access to The Emporium by foot through Railroad Avenue. Non-ticket-holders will be able to gain access to various demonstrations by foot and are encouraged to use Ocean Avenue and West Avenue.
• Donald Trump supporters are being directed to assemble in the parking lot behind Suffolk County 6th District Court at 150 West Main Street, police said. The lot stretches south to South Street and is west of Railroad Avenue.
• At 4 p.m., Joselo Lucero and others will be gathering for a memorial vigil near the spot where his brother, Marcelo Lucero, an Ecuadorian immigrant, was killed by seven teenagers in 2008. This is at the southern end of Railroad Avenue near Sephton Street. The Long Island Rail Road lot there will be closed as of 9 a.m.
• At 4:30 p.m., the Rev. Dwight Wolter will be leading a 15-minute silent rally and vigil for peace, love and understanding that carries this tagline: From Hate Speech to Silent Speech. The silent rally will be held outside The Congregational Church of Patchogue at 95 East Main Street.
• Trump protesters not attending one of the vigils should head to Railroad Avenue, south of Church Street.
• Those with the Paint the Town Blue group will be be meeting up at the Congregational Church vigil and then making their way toward The Emporium on foot. They will be marked by hundreds of painted hearts. “We are going to overwhelm Patchogue with love,” the organizers say. Click the link above or call (631) 626-9282 for info.
• There is a rally and musical event called Make America Love Again that’s scheduled for 5 p.m. at 89 North Music Venue at 89 North Ocean Avenue. Tickets start at $15 or $100 for VIP access. Tickets are available online and at the door. The rally, described as a celebration of Patchogue’s diverse community, will serve as a fundraiser for the Marcelo Lucero Award. Performers include Soundswell, Cassandra House, Hank Stone, Kerry Kearney and more.
Photo: Donald Trump speaking with supporters at a campaign rally at the South Point Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Credit: Gage Skidmore)