Update: Tickets are now on sale for Patchogue’s Valentine’s Day night bar crawl on Feb. 14.
(Scroll down a bit upon landing on the chamber homepage.)
Original story: We can’t make any promises, but Tiffany Rivera says she definitely spotted people, um, hitting it off at last year’s inaugural Valentine’s Day singles bar crawl in Patchogue Village.
“There were a lot of sparks, I would say,” says Rivera, who helped organize last year’s Looking for Love in All the Right Places crawl along Main Street.
If you missed it, or if you’re recently single, you’re in luck: There’s another singles bar crawl in the works for this Valentine’s Day night, Feb. 14, in Patchogue.
Looking for Love is the brainchild of the Greater Patchogue Chamber of Commerce’s restaurant committee, of which Rivera is a member.
Last year’s bar crawl attracted about 100 single people to Main Street.
“It was a really nice event,” she said. “It’s a great time and something to do with your friends.”
Tickets will only be available online, at the chamber’s website: patchogue.com.
How it works:
• Tickets are $20 each. That will get you discounted Blue Point beers at all seven participating restaurants, as well as a T-shirt for the first 100 signups — and an identifying lei. The lei lets people know that you’re part of the bar crawl and, presumably, single.
• Leis and shirts can only be picked up at Roast Coffee & Tea Trading Co., starting at 5:30 p.m.
• Things kick off at Toro Tapas & Tequila at 6 p.m., then Fulton’s Gate at 6:30 p.m., Public House 49 at 7 p.m,. Village Idiot Pub at 7:30 p.m., BrickHouse Brewery at 8 p.m., The Tap Room at 8:30, and That Meetball Place at 9 p.m.
• That Meetball Place is actually hosting a Single’s Ball that night. (Details to follow).
• Village Idiot Pub is booking a DJ for that night.
Rivera, the general manager at Roast Coffee & Tea, said last year’s Looking for Love showing was about 50/50 male-female.
“I was a little surprised we got such a huge crowd last year but there aren’t that many singles events on Valentine’s Day,” she said. “There were lots of big groups of friends, and everybody had a great time going from place to place.”
Greaterpatchogue.com will update this story when tickets become available.
photo from 2016 bar crawl by Tiffany Rivera